Signs That You Need Us To Repaint Your House
Eventually after years of battling the elements here in Colorado the time will come that your house will need to be repainted. Thankfully with Carroll Painting this does not need to be an inconvenient or time consuming process. Here are seven signs that you need to call us to get a free estimate on repainting your home.
- The color of your exterior paint has faded. Over time the UV light of the sun causes paint to fade. The easiest way to tell if your paint color has faded is to take a walk around your house and find a nook or cranny blocked from the sun and to compare the color of that spot to more exposed areas. Darker colors of paint will fade faster than lighter than lighter colors so if your house was painted a darker color it may be more susceptible to fading. When the time comes to repaint you should use UV-resistant paint to prevent fading.
- Your exterior paint is showing signs of flaking, bubbling, and/or cracking. Flaking, bubbling, and cracking of your exterior paint are not only all very unsightly, they may also indicate other problems. These issues with your paint may be an indication of dry rot, wet rot, or even mold. If you see any of these signs it is time to call Carroll Painting to get your home repainted.
- There are visible signs of wear and tear on exterior features of your home including doors, porches, fascia, soffits, trim, gutters, downspouts, and garage doors. Even if you do not see signs of paint wear on the siding of your home you still may be in need of a new paint job. It is important to check external features like those mentioned above and other less obvious parts of your home to appraise if your home needs a new coat of paint. Painting these features of your home will maintain or increase your curb appeal and protect the value of your home.
- The caulk on the exterior of your home is brittle and cracked. Caulk is a kind of sealant used to keep water, air, dust, and insects out of your home. It is designed to be flexible and move with your house but as it ages it can lose its flexibility and become inelastic. Caulk can also be hardened by extreme weather. If your caulk feels hard when you touch it your home needs to be repainted.
- Your home has visible water damage. Weak paint coverage leaves your home vulnerable to water damage. In order to check for water damage look for deep cracks along the wood grain of your house. Soft spots in the wood may also be an indication of rot. Both deep cracks and soft spots are signs that you need to repaint your house as soon as possible.
- The house looks like it is perpetually dirty. Over time dirt and grime become caked onto the exterior of your house by the elements. When it has gotten to a point that even scrubbing or power washing your home is not getting it clean it is time to repaint.
- You are actively trying to sell your home or even thinking about selling it. If this is the case you should repaint your house in order to increase your curb appeal to attract buyers and make them willing to pay more for your home.
Whatever reason you found or repainting your home when the time comes call Carroll Painting for all of your interior and exterior house painting needs. We are the best house painters in the entire great state of Colorado!